My girlfriend and I love Thai food and this Thai Cashew Chicken Salad recipe is out of this world! I don’t eat peanuts (did you know they aren’t even a nut?). So we spun a classic Thai dish to make it healthier and also peanut free. We swapped cashews and cashew butter in the recipe and its awesome!
Give it a try and let me know what you think on my Facebook page: https://www.Facebook.com/MikeKneuer82
This recipe and 100 other healthy recipes that have 30g+ protein per serving and 30 or less to prep and cook will be available soon in my Shredded Chef Cookbook.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 3 cups shredded chicken, cooked
- 2 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup green cabbage, shredded
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
- 1/2 cashew butter
- 3 tbsp hot water
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients. Mix gently.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine all ingredients for the cashew dressing. Mix until well combined. Add a teaspoon of hot water at a time until you achieved your desired consistency.
- Serve salad with a drizzle of peanut dressing. Serve immediately.
- ENJOY! And go to get your copy of the Shredded Chef Cookbook!